Shone Farm has student jobs available in the garden department. What better way to learn how a small farm operates than with hands on experience?
These jobs average 15-24 hours per week, and can be scheduled around your classes.
To be considered for one of these positions, a student must be enrolled in 6 units in the Fall and Spring, and 3 units in the Summer. Possession of a valid California I.D. card, or CA driver's license is required.
Starting pay is $13 per hour, and increased with accumulated hours worked.
Job duties may include:
- Learning the ins & outs of growing produce at Shone Farm
- Helping with planting, irrigation, weeding, harvesting, etc.
- Picking & packing produce with quality control in mind
- Learning the different varieties, and what grows best in our climate
- Developing awareness and skills for farming during a drought
If you would like more information about the available jobs at Shone Farm, please e-mail email@example.com
Shone Farm offers students the ability to reside in Resident Housing located on the farm. In lieu of rent, student residents are able to do a work exchange of approximately 12 hours per week. Applications are accepted year round. Move-in dates correspond with each semester.
For Volunteer Opportunities, please contact:
Please review the Volunteer Agreement prior to your discussion with the Farm Facilities Manager.
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org